Personal Information We Collect
- Identity/Contact – It includes the usual identification information (name and date of birth) and contact information (email address and phone number) of the person using our website.
- Preference – It includes information about the different products, services and features the identified person is interested in while using our site.
- Technical Usage – This information includes technical metrics about how the identified person explores our site, products, and services.
- Marketing – This information relates to the identified person’s consent to send them marketing and promotional material from our site.
- Service – This includes data given to us by the identified person or generated by other tools when we provide a product or service.
- Communications – Our team will record phone calls, messages, live chat correspondences and other communications generated from existing support channels.
How We Get This Information
We use various tools and data collection methods to gather the personal information described in the sections above. Such data is essential in taking care of your account. Here are all the sources we use:
- Contact Channels – It includes personal information collected when an individual contacts us through email, phone or other supported communication channel used on our site.
- Website Bots – It includes information collected automatically when you visit our website, such as the type, version and settings of the browser used to access our site, operating system, IP address, device ID, date and time of engagement. We also collect cookies to help us customize the experience and simplify your browsing on our site. We also allow our visitors to block cookies.
- Third-Party Sources – We can obtain information about an identified user through third parties and publicly available sources. Examples include analytics providers and search information providers like Google, advertising networks, and technical data from other websites and providers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information when necessary based on legal obligation and compliance or in our legitimate interest. The company may use your collected personal information in many different ways, as shown below:
- To manage your account – We need personal information to manage your account and distinguish it from other accounts held on our site. We use the information to fulfill the contract with you, for instance, when providing you with a service. We also use it to resolve complaints about our site, products and services, manage your requests, and fulfill our obligations, such as insurance audits.
- To contact you – The company will use the contact information you provide whenever they need to reach you, for instance, when sending notifications and updates about an issue you have raised with the support team. We also use your personal information to comply with legal procedures and other applicable laws, such as legal claims, investigations and litigations.
- To provide you with news and special offers – We need your personal information to provide customer insights to our marketing teams when delivering targeted marketing and promotions. We will use the supplied and collected data to provide news, special offers and updates about products and services you are interested in.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your personal information within unique categories as specified above. Each type has a distinct retention period, determined based on the purpose of collecting the data, which includes legal, reporting, and accounting requirements. Some details, such as identity and contact information, are retained for as long as you are active on our site. The data is kept on our servers for seven years, after which it is deleted. Other information, like marketing and promotion insights, may be deleted if you want us to stop sending special offers.
How and Why We Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties
There are various instances when we may disclose your personal information to third parties like regulatory authorities, professional advisors, and service providers. We do not sell personal information to any party and only share with trusted parties if it is in our legitimate interest or a legal requirement. Below are instances and reasons why we might share your personal information with trusted third parties.
- Business transactions – We might disclose some information to fulfill business transactions, for instance, when outsourcing other services with trusted payment systems, IT service providers. We may also share personal information with trusted parties that help to operate and maintain our site.
- Law enforcement – The company will share information with regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies if required to do so by the law, for instance, during the investigation of crime, fraud, and misrepresentation. In addition, the law may mandate us to surrender specific information about a particular customer.
- Other legal requirements – There are other instances when we may disclose personal information as required by the law, for example, when selling part of our assets or operations to another party. We may also be required to share information during audits and compliance reviews.
Which Countries We Transfer Your Personal Information To
How We Protect Your Information
We protect collected information using various tools and protocols as shown below. As such, we will be sure of the punter’s sensitive data such as passwords being safe. Other sensitive information is also limited from unwanted access using this techniques:
- Fraud Prevention: It involves using automated tools and analytics optimized to identify and counter fraud attempts. Our system can deny purchases, reject payments and restrict access to various features if the factors determine fraudulent activity.
- SSL Certificates: We use the latest SSL Certificates on our site. These advanced encryptions cover all communications and transactions between our servers and user devices to keep hackers at bay.
- Malware Scanners: We run routine malware checks to get rid of Trojan and other viruses. We also review our programs frequently to remove obsolete codes and backdoors that can leave our site vulnerable to attacks.
- Account Protection: All user accounts are protected using unique IDs and passwords that only the user can alter. We recommend using strong passwords and protecting the devices and networks you use to visit our site.
We do not collect any personal information from minors below the age of 18. Our site is fully dedicated to providing products and services to adults above 18 years. As such, we do not allow minors to submit any forms or subscribe to any services offered on our website. We will instantly deny access when a minor attempts to interact with our products and services. Customers can report cases of minors attempting to bypass our system through false IDs and misrepresentation, and we will immediately respond to the issue. The company reviews all personal information to ensure consistency and determine disparities or suspicious activity and blocks all minors. We also encourage parents to monitor their children’s online activity to help us block minors from accessing services and products meant for adults.